Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I was never a Goddess

So, I found this while I was cleaning my room. I wrote it a few months ago.


You are Love and I am Psyche.
Psyche means soul.
I do not believe one can exist without the other.
I never should have doubted...but I was weak
and now I cant go back
He is Orpheus and I am Eurydice.
One day his doubt will be too much
and when he looks back
I'll be gone.
But until he looks back
I'll be there
because if Im not,
he will end up like me
and I cant do that to him.
I hate to admit how
selfish I am,
but after he looks back
I hope I can find you.
I know I wont be able to at first...
there will be many things
I'll have to do to get to you.
I've briefly known Narcissus
and Ive been Echo most of my life
All that will be left for me is Hades.
I deserve that more than anything
because I doubted...
and I still doubt.
I was never a Goddess.

No comments: