Sunday, November 16, 2008

psyche reborn

I was dead.
Used and discarded.
Left to die.
A demon from my past had torn my bleeding heart
right from my chest
then sucked the breath from my blue lips,
but he did not stop there.
He wasn't satisfied with what he had done
so he dug up my corpse and drug it behind him like a ragdoll.
For years he kept me with him,
performing makeshift autopsies and searching for a soul.
He needed mine for he did not have one himself.
I realized far too late that the pain was not worth it
and gave him my soul.
Content at last, the demon dug a grave and tossed me in,
covering me with a blanket of dirt.
A year passed as I decomposed and sang my sorrow,
skin growing tight and withering away.
You found me there.
You recognized the macabre tune for you knew it all too well.
You unearthed my bones and put them back together,
one by one.
You doctored my remains as the skin and hair began to grow back.
You breathed life into my carcass and you gave me your soul.
You wrapped your wings around me and whispered promises of eternity.
I didn't believe in immortality until you gave it to me.
Until you gave me life.

1 comment:

lindz said...

I'm guesing you wrote this..
if so, your pretty amazing.