Monday, February 2, 2009

A few things I enjoy.

1. Feeling the way I did last night. I'm not even sure how to explain it...but I haven't been that fully happy for as long as I can remember. I wanted to put on a dress and go dance in a field. It was odd. Maybe I'm bi-polar?

2. Getting packages from Gramma!! Today she sent me a scarf she knitted and a valentines day card encouraging me to eat as much chocolate as I could fit inside me. She also sent me a story she had published in a newspaper about gargoyles :] (She's obsessed with Edgar Alan Poe and Vampires)

3. Flushing the toilet when the other girls are showering. They scream and curse :]

4. Getting things done and not dreading/worrying all day. Today I met with my English teacher to talk about my LN and how much it sucked. Surprisingly, she totally sympathized with the whole not being able to focus on one topic. And she understood my urge for wanting to include EVERYTHING I can possibly think of in my story, even when it doesn't flow together. It made me feel a lot better knowing that she understands how it feels and gave me advice on improving it :] So, now I'm pretty sure I can finish this paper.

5. Listening to music before I go to sleep. I don't know why, but I love to lay in my bed with my headphones on and listen to music and daydream before I sleep.

6. Finding a book that feels like it was written for me. It's only happened twice, but the feeling you get when you can connect to a story is so fucking amazing.

7. A blank piece of paper. My mom bought me a a really nice journal over christmas break and I love flipping through the pages because they're all so white and crisp.
I also enjoy filling up the pages. I'm really not that far in it yet, but I like how the pages look with my handwriting all over it.

8. Bathing. "There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." - Sylvia Plath.

2 comments:

lindz said...

#7
I love journals.
I have so many empty journals from middle school because i would always promise myself to fill it up but usualy got a new one too soon.

Psyche said...

Yup :]

I do it too,lol.